Saturday, October 28, 2006

I have a dream..or my first words in English

Like anyone in almost his thirties, ABBA meant a lot in my childhood...

we didn't know English, but pretended to speak..and sing together with what we heard at our Russian cassette player on the old BASF or AGFA tapes...music recorded by somenone who knew somebody, friend with a guy who had a relative abroad or somebody who worked for the national radio station( one and only)

I was more than a fan..I knew( as a child with no internet connection or too much access to music magazines) everything about the four of them..I wanted to be Agnetha and I was in love with Benny...I was so happy to have those white jeans ( was 5, forgot to tell) and I used to play a game called ABBA, with my bro, meaning we sang as long as we could ABBA songs...

this is to granny Irma, now 81, who really thought then we speak English..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was about 8 or 9, I bought my own ABBA album, on tape. Didn't understand much of what they were saying, but it sure was nice! :D